The Mission, Vision, and Core Values of St. Mark’s
St. Mark’s Core Values
Our worship of the Trinity is expressed in the Word and Sacraments according to the Bible and the Book of Common Prayer. It is enhanced by traditional architecture and sacred liturgical music: ancient and modern.
We sponsor multiple ministries for those in spiritual, emotional or physical need, whether on the margins of life in our downtown or others in the wider Southeast Texas community.
Christian education at St. Mark’s enables our children to find joy in spiritual growth, our youth to find relevance in the Gospel message and adults to engage the life of the mind which feeds the spirit.
We strive to be faithful stewards of our time, talent and treasure for the ultimate glory of God, the growth of His Kingdom and as an example to others.
We are a community of believers whose relationship with each other is centered on our common faith in God and His Son. We provide a Christ
Mission of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church
We are a community of believers whose relationship with each other is centered on our common faith in God and His Son. We provide a Christian refuge and pastoral care for all who wish to share this fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
Vision of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 2021
In support of our core values and to accomplish our mission, St. Mark’s Church proclaims its vision as a community which will:
- Enable the congregation to engage and serve our neighbors at home, school, work, and in the community.
- Build on the engagement and encouragement of families with opportunities for worship, fellowship, children and youth activities, and service activities that meet their unique pace and life schedules.
- Encourage the generous sharing of God’s gifts to use of time, talent, and treasure.
- Enhance our multimedia (especially website and social media) communication in the congregation and in the community.
- Equip the congregation to provide safety, security, and first aid when we gather.