Becoming A Member
How Does One Affiliate with The Episcopal Church?
Through Baptism and Confirmation or Reception a person can become a member of The Episcopal Church.
- The Episcopal Church recognizes the baptism of all other Christian churches.
- Confirmation (Inquirer’s) Classes: Classes are held each spring and fall and are open to all who wish to be confirmed or received, or those who would like to take a refresher course or those who would simply like to learn more about The Episcopal Church.
- Reception refers to those previously confirmed in the Roman Catholic Church. Evangelical Lutheran Church of America or any of the Greek or Eastern Orthodox Churches.
Transfer of Membership
Anyone can transfer membership from another Episcopal Church to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church by contacting Melody Jones ([email protected]).
Who May Receive Communion In the Episcopal Church?
All baptized Christians are welcome to receive Holy Communion. This is the Lord’s Table, not ours. If you are or have ever been welcome at the Lord’s Table anywhere, you are welcome here with us.
Interested in Finding Out More About Becoming a Member?
- Come visit us on a Sunday. We worship at 8am, 10:15am, and 6pm
- Or send us an email through our Contact Us page which you can find here.
- Or call our office at 409-832-3405