The Lenten Series this year will be entitled, “The Mountain Top Experiences” as witnessed by various holy men of the Bible. Included in the Series are: Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Jesus and Paul. Each one experienced God in a real and inspiring way on numerous mountains in the Holy Land which marked a turning point in their lives of faith.
- 5:30pm – Holy Eucharist in the Chapel
- 6pm – Supper in the Parish Hall
- Beef and Chicken Fajitas, Refried Beans, Mexican Corn, Fajita fixings
- Meals are $5 per person or $15 per family
- 6:30pm – Lenten Speaker in the Parish Hall
- The Reverend Canon John Wharton Newton, IV, a lifelong Episcopalian, was baptized and confirmed at St. Mark’s. John has served as the program coordinator for the Episcopal College ministry as well as Campus Missioner at the University of Texas. Currently, John is Bishop Andy Doyle’s Canon for Lifelong Christian Formation in the Diocese of Texas. In 2014 John published a book entitled New Clothes: Putting on Christ and Finding Ourselves. John is married to his best friend, Emily. They reside in Houston with their golden retriever Scout.